Originally posted on The Sistah Vegan Project:
Extended deadline for Abstracts is September 15, 2012. Final completed piece deadline: February 15, 2013.
You can email me your abstracts (approximately 2 paragraphs) at the email address sistahvegan(at)gmail (dot). Com
Click on the above video to hear about Brotha Vegan , the sibling to Sistah Vegan book.
This anthology isn’t only about veganism. It’s actually critical perspectives and arts coming from a black male vegan consciousness. You can talk about veganism, but you can also talk about other topics that intersect with your vegan consciousness. What are the ways in which black vegan males think about:
- Hip hop culture and vegan activism
- Environmental and nutritional racism
- Meat eating as a “masculine” stereotype
- Class and food access
- Structural racism’s effects on food acces
- “Obesity” and diabetes in the African American community
- Access to clean water as a race, class, and gender issue.
- Going Green; green jobs; green economy
View original 101 more words